Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Team Kettle Gets New Equipment

Verelle and I have been acquiring quite a lot of new gear. Some of the new gear is in preparation for the upcoming winter, and the rest is for the current activities we are participating in. Below is a list, description, and photograph of all the new gear we have acquired over the last couple of months.

Verelle has been without cycling sunglasses all summer and with the upcoming ride the rogue event that we are doing it was time for a serious cyclist to get some serious cycling sunglasses. The Smith V-Ti were the selection that Verelle decided on. She choose the Team CSC edition of the V-Ti by Smith Optics. This particular pair of shades comes with on three lenses, one of which is a polarized lens. Verelle has been very satisfied by her new shades.
We have used a garage sale tent for the last three years. It has served us well enough, but was never big enough, and always a pain in the butt to put up. Which, turned us away from going camping. Therefore, this summer we got a new tent. The tent we chose is the the Big Agnes seedhouse 3. We have used it several times now and are still impressed with its size, weight, and the ease of pitching. We would recommend this tent to anyone.

ent 5lb 6oz 5lb 13oz 3lb 11oz 8" x 20" 39 sq ft 14 sq ft 42 $239





Over the last two winters I have ridden my snowboard almost 200 days. If you combine those days of use with the previous two years of I put over 300 days on my snowboard. The majority of my days on the snow have been spent teaching snowboarding lessons or coaching for the Ashland High School snowboard team. With how many days I had put on my board it was no longer, well, any good. To put it mildly it was dead. And since I will be coaching again this year and will hopefully be on the snow 100 days it was finally time for me to get a new board. I picked up my new board at Hot Skates in Medford because Aaron (the owner) is awesome! It was a tough decision for me to make, but I decided on the black death speed tribe:
156 1221 24.5 29.04 8.3>7.78 24"


Verelle has ridden two seasons on one of my old boards. A board that is almost seven years old. So, it was also time for her to get her very first brand new board. She also got her board at Hot Skates and she chose the midlife theory:
158 1235 25.9 30.5 7.78 25"






Another one of my favorite activities is rock climbing. I have climbed a lot over the last couple of years in the same pair of shoes, and while they have never let me down it was time to follow our current trend of with the old and in with the new. I got the the scarpa mago:
Upper: Suede/Lorica
Closure: Lace-up
Midsole: X-tensionTM system
Sole: Vibram® XS Grip; 3.5 mm
Last: FH
Sizes: 33-45 (half sizes)
Weight: 450g (40.5)
Color: Apple Green
Product Code: 70011

There are certain things in a gear junkies life that you can never have to much of. And I recently picked up more of it:
the webbing


and the tie downs:

...more gear coming soon???


Travis (Cheddar Beer) Caldwell

No comments: