Sunday, August 19, 2007

Scoggins Valley Triathlon

September 1st 2007 I will be competing in the Scoggins Valley Sprint Triathlon. The distances for a Sprint Triathlon are an 800 meter swim, 13.1 mile bike, and a 3.1 mile run. The Scoggins Valley Triathlon is held at Henry Hagg Lake in Scoggins Valley, which is located 7 mile south of Forest Grove Oregon. The altitude is low, but the bike course has a solid amount of climbing. The run will also be fairly hilly and challenging.


I am nervous about competing in this event because it will be my first Triathlon in over two years. I am not in the shape that I used to be (god, that comment makes me sound old), and my training for this event has been inconsistent due to working two jobs. My goal is to go out and have fun, but I am also interested in pushing myself. I have done this event several times now and I will be discouraged if I am extremely slower then I was in the past.


Stay tuned for the full details on my performance.

Travis (Cheddar Beer) Caldwell

No comments: